Monday, March 25, 2013

Before the Midterm

I want all of you to know that you have done good work. Tomorrow you are going to turn in your test. I will post it soon; with a multiple choice format. Before I do that though, I want you to know that knowledge acquisition has changed in the past few years. I try through my course, to tell you how.

There are multiple sources of knowledge, like Wikipedia. There are multiple platforms like this one provided by Google. You need to master these tools, this is a requirement for modern jobs. We are in a knowledge economy now. I posted an article from the NYT about a movement to ask the students to bring their own technology.

I expect you to be more knowledgeable than myself in the use of these new devices. Whoever was born after 1981 has grown up with new toys, which allow new ways of learning.

I will post the midterm today around 5:00 PM.

No comments: